Following God's Will When I Don't Hear From Him
As 2016 is coming to a close, I'm reflecting on all things that have happened this year and trying to summarize what God's been teaching me.
When it comes to Everleigh Company, this year has been a lot of:
- taking a leap of faith in actually starting Everleigh (you have no idea how long I'd been dreaming of running my own biz)
- getting out of my comfort zone and connecting with other boss ladies.
- swimming upstream even when I feel like giving up.
Sometimes I hear other boss ladies say they feel called to run their businesses.
Did I feel "called" to start Everleigh?
Well. There was never a distinctive "yes, go do this" from God.
BUT, I'll share with you why I still went ahead, started Everleigh and stuck with it.
1 - My desire to run my own business has been there since I was young. My first business idea happened when I was in middle school. I believe this is one of the uniqueness He's put in me and I don't think it's right to neglect it.
2 - I want to use the gifts & talents He has blessed me. This means encouraging people, sharing the wisdom God has given me, and bringing my creative ideas into life. [Matthew 25:14-30]
3 - Whenever I feel like giving up, God encourages me. HE kept me going. I may not have heard a distinctive "yes!" from God when I started Everleigh, but whenever I want to throw in the white towel, people would tell me how they'd been blessed or encouraged by my work. These encouragements always happen when I want to give up - I find them too coincidental to dismiss as casual occurrence. I believe God wants me to keep going, which is my biggest "clue" that this is His Will.
My friends, if you are in the midst of making life decisions but you don't feel like God is giving you an answer, don't be discouraged!
Here's something that might help you find God's Will:
- Write down your circumstances and everything on your heart.
- Compare them with the Word of God and see if anything aligns and makes sense.
- If it does, take the leap of faith and see if that's the path God has prepared for you.
May God establishes your steps according to His Will!